Show us your patriotism with this red, white, and blue tart!! Fresh and flavorful fruits are the star of this delightful dessert.
Happy 4th of July!!
- 1 packet Maria cookies broken into pieces, or 1½ cups plus 2½ tablespoons of crumbs
- ¼ cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon Hey SHUGA!
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups Greek-style unsweetened, nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Hey SHUGA!
- 1½ cups blueberries (9 ounces)
- Strawberries, Bananas and some extra blueberries for decoration.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a 9” pie pan with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse the Maria cookies with the crystallized ginger, 1 tablespoon of Hey SHUGA! and salt until finely ground. Add the butter and egg white and pulse until the crumbs are evenly coated.
- Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned. Let the crust cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt with 3 tablespoons of Hey SHUGA! Spread the yogurt in the crust and arrange the blueberries over the surface of the yogurt.
- Cut the tart in slices and serve.