Today’s post is part recipe, part fun event info and part intro. Yes, we are full of surprises like that, and we don’t want you to miss a thing. Make sure you read below so you get all the details.
During the upcoming holiday season we have multiple of events going on. As our shugas are sold in various countries it will be good for you to stay up to date with our events page and see what’s coming up hopefully in a store near you. If you can’t find us in your local store, you can always get us online, here and here, or contact us and let us know. We will try our best to be placed close to you.
Our latest event was a cooking demo in the Dominican Republic where we teamed up with Bravo supermarket and DeliciasFit a business that promotes delicious recipes that allow you to stay fit, healthy and live a balanced sweet live, like we always preach. Below are pictures from the demo where Haydee, our resident pastry chef showed how easily these Carrot Cake Cups can be made.
With that, I wanted to introduce Haydee. Take a look at her in action below. She is our sweet shuga recipe developer and always finds new ideas and applications for you to use our liquid sweeteners. We love having a chef in house as we get to try all her sweet creations. Is there a recipe you would like her to work on? Let us know on a comment below!
- 8 tablespoons of room temperature butter (1 stick)
- ¾ cup Lil' SHUGA!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- ½ teaspoon vainilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 blocks)
- ½ cup Hey SHUGA!
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- With a mixer cream butter until soft.
- Add Lil' SHUGA! and keep mixing until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time and keep mixing.
- Finally add vanilla and pineapple juice mixing well.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add the mixture of dry ingredients to the butter mixture until a dough is formed.
- Add grated carrots and once combined pour on a baking pan.
- Bake on preheated oven between 35-45 minutes.
- Let the carrot cake rest before adding the cream cheese topping.
- For the cream cheese topping just whip cream cheese with Hey SHUGA!
- You can enjoy carrot cake the traditional way or serve them in cups by crumbling the cake on the bottom of a mini cup, followed by a layer of raisins and walnuts, then keep adding layers and top the end with cream cheese topping.