Pumpkin is such a wonderful seasonal flavor loved by many well beyond Autumn months. Hey SHUGA! perfectly enhances the comforting flavors of Pumpkin in this deliciously creamy custard.
Read below how to make it.
Step 1: Mix all ingredients together to obtain a smooth and well combined mixture.
Step 2: Heat Hey SHUGA! to obtain a thick caramel.
Step 3: Coat the bottom of mini ramekins with the SHUGA! caramel, and let it sit for about 1-2 minutes.
Step 4: Pour egg mixture over the caramel and bake.
The result is a wonderfully caramelized flan.
By using Hey SHUGA! the need to make a separate caramel for the flan is eliminated as as our SHUGA! adds a naturally beautiful golden color and caramel texture to this recipe.
For more recipes using Hey SHUGA! click here.
- 1 can (12 Oz) evaporated milk
- 1 can (14 Oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 whole eggs
- ½ cup Hey Shuga!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine well all the ingredients except the Hey Shuga! In a blender or with an electric mixer.
- In a small saucepan, heat the Hey Shuga! Over medium high heat, until it thickens just a little more and its color gets a deeper caramel tone. About 10 minutes.
- Pour enough warm shuga to lightly cover the bottom of 6 eight Oz ramekins. Let the shuga set and wait 5 minutes before following the next step.
- Pour egg and milk mixture evenly between the ramekins.
- Place ramekins inside a 9 x 13 pan with water so it can cook through a bain marie process.
- Cover the 9 x 13 pan with ramekins inside and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, remove ramekins from water and let them cool at room temperature.
- Run a knife between the edge of the ramekin and plan them on the refrigerator.
- Let the flan cool for at least an hour before serving.
- To serve you can flip the ramekins upside down on a plate.