Because we love recipes that are unique, good for our bodies, and good for our bellies, we bring you this super cool idea. This recipe for Roasted Cinnamon Oranges fits perfectly our style.
Read more below to see why:
What’s not to like about this recipe? Just take a look at these gorgeous roasted oranges! If you make them, we guarantee you they’ll become the center of the conversation. The touch of SHUGA! allows for a beautiful caramelization, and offers a delicious contrast of sweetness against the orange citrusy flavor.
The good news is that they not only look amazing, they are also so simple to make which is a plus when you are in a hurry or when in the need for a simple but impressive recipe.
All you have to do is:
- Scoop and score the flesh.
- Then drizzle SHUGA! and cinnamon on them.
- And finally grill them under the broiler. That’s it!
You could serve them as a decadent breakfast, a wonderful dessert with a scoop of ice cream, as is, or cut into wedges for a mid day snack. Another great idea is to pour a little bit of liquor on each half, like Cointreau to spike your oranges and served them during a fun adult time.
We have to admit we love to make these roasted oranges for its smell as well. Once you bake them and open the oven, the aroma in your kitchen and home will be amazing. Make them with Hey or Lil’ SHUGA! your choice; there’s no way to go wrong.
- 2 large oranges
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon Hey SHUGA! (or 1 tsp Lil SHUGA!)
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Cut oranges in half and remove the seeds.
- With a sharp knife, separate the pulp from the skin.
- Crosscut the pulp to form wedges which can then be easily removed with a spoon.
- Put the half oranges with the cut side up on a baking tray.
- Pour the SHUGA! over the oranges and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Place under the broiler 3 to 5 minutes until golden.
- Serve immediately!