Using SHUGA! as your sweetener in ice cream and sorbets will help you get a softer and creamier one. It also enhances fruit, nuts, as well as cacao notes. Try it for yourself in the recipe below!
SHUGA! VANILLA ICE CREAM
- 2,400 g whole milk
- 500g heavy cream
- 640 g SHUGA!
- 100 g powdered milk
- 150 g egg yolks (or neutral base)
- 30 g vanilla extract
- Combine whole milk, heavy cream, powdered milk and SHUGA!
- Heat the mixture to 85 ° C.
- While the mixture is hot add the egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- Transfer the mixture to the sorbet maker and follow the instructions of the manufacturer.
- Cool the mixture in the refrigerator about 30 minutes. If you do not have a refrigerator, put it in a flat metal container, take it to the freezer and stir every half hour for three hours to break the ice crystals forming.