Have you tried Chia seeds already? They are all the rage and for a good reason. Here is a simple and amazing recipe to start adding chia seeds in your diet. Learn how to make your own strawberry jam below:
This recipe is incredibly simple. It only calls for three ingredients: Strawberries, Chia seeds and Lil’ SHUGA!
Chia seeds are packed with omega-3 and fiber. They are also a great source of protein. There are so many benefits to them and you do not want to miss out. Read here 10 reasons to add chia seeds to your diet.
We all know how good strawberries are and Lil’ SHUGA! well just by using it you are already cutting the amount of sugar in 1/2. Awesome!
These three super powerful ingredients make this recipe simply one of my favorites.
This jam recipe is so simple. Do not be afraid as there is no need to add pectin or go through a cumbersome process. All you go to do is cook the strawberries down with a bit of Lil’ SHUGA! Let them get soft and release all its liquids, mash the strawberries and add chia seeds. That’s it.
Once cooled you can enjoy it as you prefer, on a toast, pancakes, with crackers… how ever you like to eat your jam. You can store it in a airtight jar for about 2 weeks on the fridge, or you could even freeze it for a couple of months.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Lil' SHUGA!
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Add strawberries and Lil' SHUGA! in a sauce pan and cook it down for about 10 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Once the strawberry has been cooked down, mash it with a fork or run it through a metal mesh colander to obtain your desired consistency.
- Add the chia seeds, stir and let it cook for about 1 more minute.
- Remove it from the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled store it in an airtight container for about 2 weeks in the fridge.