Obtaining a juicy, tender chicken has a lot to do with the way you cook it. To avoid making it dry, basting it in a sauce is always a great solution. Chef Michael Gunyan has put together this sauce for us using Hey SHUGA! It is sweet, tangy, and it has the right kick of heat.
See below how easy it can be done:
Traditional BBQ chicken is very popular, but this mustard base BBQ sauce will transform the way you see BBQ going forward. It’s amazing!
This is a no fuss recipe. Put all the ingredients in a pot and let it do its magic. Cover the chicken with the sauce and cook it in the oven.
Done! Dinner is served!
For more recipes using Hey SHUGA! click here.
- 12 chicken legs
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup spicy brown mustard
- ½ cup Hey SHUGA!
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven at 375 Fahrenheit.
- Season chicken legs with salt to taste, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat combine the rest of the ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Turn heat to low, and keep cooking it for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the sauce has reduced, cover chicken in the sauce and place it on an oven safe container.
- Sprinkle the chicken with 2 tablespoons of water and cover the dish.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes.
- Uncover the chicken and keep cooking for 20 more minutes.
- Place chicken under the broiler for about 5 to 10 more minutes so it gets golden brown.