Summer is here and we’re ready to start the barbecue. We’ve created this Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce that is finger-licking-good!
The spiciness of the jalapenos and the sweetness of our SHUGA cane syrups make this the perfect combo for a delightful BBQ experience. Serve on the side, or on top of your favorite meat and enjoy!
Tips: Make sure you have plenty of napkins by your side.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 jalapeño, whole
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard, ground
- 15 oz frech tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon pepper, ground
- ½ cup Hey SHUGA!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup butter
- Melt butter at medium heat.
- While the butter is melting, place your jalapeno over the flame to get a char all around the pepper. About 2 minutes.
- Add Hey SHUGA! and bring to a boil for about 2 minutes.
- While the butter and Hey SHUGA! mix is boiling, de-seed (optional) your jalapeno and place in a blender.
- Blend the jalapeño into the tomato sauce until no large chunks are visible.
- Add in tomato sauce mixture, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, ground mustard, salt and ground pepper into the pot of the butter sugar mix and stir.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes to thicken up, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on the side, or on top of your favorite meat and enjoy!