Oh chicken tenders… One of our favorite childhood comfort foods! You can have them for dinner or as a delicious and relatively inexpensive appetizer.
We have taken this classic recipe and given it an extra kick with a delicious savory sauce. This sauce combines Thai chili peppers and some SHUGA! for a sweet touch, and to balance the spicy notes.
Are you ready to dig into deliciousness? Let´s get started!
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- About 8 cups peanut oil or canola oil for frying
- ¼ cup Hey SHUGA!
- 1 teaspoon thai chili peppers (thinly sliced)
* you can substitute with chile de arbol
- Remove chicken from brine.
- Combine the flour with all the spices and put aside.
- Pat dry the chicken and dredge in seasoned flour, remove chicken from seasoned flour then place in buttermilk, remove chicken from buttermilk and place in seasoned flour again. Make sure to push down chicken to flour so the chicken gets covered.
- In a deep dutch oven preheat oil to 350F. Once it reaches desired temperature place chicken in oil, cooking slowly until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- Once chicken is crisp and cooked, place on a resting rack, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with he spicy hot shuga sauce.
- Place all ingredients in a pot, bring to a simmer.
- Once the SHUGA! comes to a simmer, remove pot from heat and let steep for 20 mins.
- Strain with fine chinoise.