Don’t let your Dad settle for convenient junk food. Like most of us, they want fast and healthy food that is going to nourish them and improve their well being. On this FathersDay, and on any other day, treat them and teach them to make easy and quick shakes and smoothies using fruit and/or vegetables as the base, and adding tasty twists such as nuts, chocolate, protein, or any other crazy ingredient you feel inspired to! Here’s a refreshing watermelon smoothy recipe you can start with, that fits perfectly on these hot summer days! Happy Fathers Day!
Watermelon SHUGA! Smoothie
- 2 cups chopped watermelon
- ½ cup of ice
- Juice of 1 lemon (or to taste)
- ½ to 1 teaspoons of Lil' SHUGA!
- Mint leaves
- Chop the watermelon and remove the seeds
- Add to the blender along with the ice. Liquefy
- Incorporate lemon juice and SHUGA!
- Once well combined, serve in your favorite container and garnish with a few mint leaves and a couple of lemon slices
- For an even more refreshing sensation, you can also add mint to your smoothie, but first be sure to grind the mint to release its delicious aroma and flavor. Add it at the bottom of your container and serve your smoothie on top. Enjoy!