We’re getting ready for Easter by making some of the most delicious and cutest treats with the help of our amazing kids.
Aren’t these the most adorable thing you’ve ever seen!? They are Marshmallow Bunny Ear Cupcakes.
The whole family can join in the fun so get the kids and family members to help! It’s an activity that everyone can enjoy.
Follow these 3 easy steps and you’ll be able to transform any cupcake into an irresistibly cute and sweet treat.
1.Grab your homemade or store bought cupcakes and slice a marshmallow diagonally using a pair of scissors. (If you’re making your own cupcakes, check out our Hey SHUGA! Cupcakes and Frosting recipe below.)
2. Dip the sticky sides of the marshmallows into sprinkles. Tip: You can use toothpicks to dip the marshmallows ears into the sprinkles.
3. Place a pair of ears on top of the cupcake. You can leave the toothpick in the marshmallow to better prop the ears onto the cupcakes or simply place the ears right on top of the frosting which can be use to hold the ears in place.
Repeat steps 1-3 until all the cupcakes are decorated.
*We added coconut flakes to our frosting to give it a bunny hair look. You can use coconut flakes or you can use the frosting to give it the cupcake a hair-like texture.
Check out our cupcake and frosting recipes below. And stay tuned for more amazing and creative recipes. ?
-The SHUGA team.
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅔ cup Hey SHUGA!
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Line muffin tins and preheat oven to 325F.
- Mix milk and vinegar in large bowl; set aside to curdle.
- Beat in oil, vanilla, almond extract and Hey SHUGA!
- Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until smooth but do not over mix.
- Fill liners ⅔ full.
- Bake cupcakes for 20-22 minutes.
- **Allow to cool for one hour so that the flavour can develop properly.**
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 stick softened butter
- 2 tablespoons Hey SHUGA!
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and butter and beat on low speed.
- Mix in vanilla extract and Hey SHUGA! and increase speed to medium.
- Add remaining ingredients and return to low speed until combined and light. Make sure to add one cup of confectioner's sugar at a time while mixing.
- Use to frost cupcakes, cakes or cookies.